Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mom said...

I spend my days saying pick up your stuff, do not touch that, use your inside voice and the list goes on and on and on. It is the same list all mothers have. I am sad to say that more times than not it falls on deaf ears.

The excuse list is full.

But then today I hear really hear one of my sweet angles say this very phrase.

"MOM SAID" used like a bullet meant to pierce the offending sibling.

I sat between laughter and disbelief. Really I thought... you think that is going to work? I just told you to do X and it meant nothing. But what is funny is that it holds some crazy weight when coming out of a child's mouth.

Maybe this week I will tell one child to go tell the other whatever it is I need to say. It will then be done, because ...... "MOM SAID".


:)

No comments: