Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I want flowers and green grass

My title for today has a double meaning.



On the surface I want Spring. I want birds and flowers and the smell of fresh cut grass. I love spring it is just beautiful. It is where life starts all over. The cold dead look of winter is over. We thaw out. Don't get me wrong, snow covered trees with the sparkle that goes along with it are breath taking. But I am ready to thaw out.



Deeper than the surface I am ready to come to life again . This winter season in my life has been so cold. Our grandson passed way, my father passed away, our dear friend is still missing in Haiti, we have moved twice in a year. Some of our extended family is having heart breaking problems going on also. I see the winter coldness in myself and several around me.

I realized that I was letting the bad out weight the good. I could only see the sadness, the tragedies that were beginning to take over our world. I am making a choice to find the good and it is just that. The choice to find the good. The good in people. The good amidst even the rubble that is sometimes all that is left. I am not willing to accept that life has to be the way that it has been.

This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. It is this verse that helps me to see the green grass. I see that the flowers will bloom shortly. I hope to teach my children by example, the example that life can be good, hopeful and joyful.

1 comment:

Bama Belle said...

Precious, let me just say that you are one of the strongest women I have ever known. You are beautiful inside and out. I am humbled to call you friend. You and the family will be in my prayers. We had internet issues for several days so I am catching up. Please know I will be praying and loving you all!